What is all the fuss about fitness and wellness?
Well, lets start with some obvious facts, we are only at our best; productivity and creativity wise, when we are healthy and able not sick and feeble.
A wise man once said the only true wealth is good health, the ability to live long and see your children have their children is the best gift you can give to yourself.
Truth is you don’t have to be a gym freak to get to your optimum fitness, exercising 2-3 times a week, eating less junk, staying hydrated and choosing to eat healthy is all it takes.
Here is what Dr Jesse Chappus, (a chiropractor with a passion for helping people reach their optimum levels of health) had to say on investing on your wellness.
Here is his list of 10 simple things to consider incorporating into your healthy routine to help balance your mind, body, and spirit.
1. Exercise – Find an exercise you enjoy and start doing it regularly.
2. Be grateful – Stop to think about the things you have going for you and appreciate them.
3. Get plenty of sleep – Sleep is regenerative for your body. The more sleep you get the better you will perform the next day.
4. Ground yourself – Literally. Plant your bare feet on the earth as often as possible.
5. Smile more – It feels great 🙂
6. Spend more time with loved ones – In our busy lives we need to make time for the people who matter to us most.
7. Live your passion – Do more of what you love.
8. Drink clean water – Get a filtration system for your drinking water. Fluoride is not good for your body.
9. Get outdoors more – Go for a hike and enjoy nature.
10. Eat plenty of greens – Dark leafy greens are rich in vitamins, minerals and chlorophyll. They help alkalize the body.
Lets not forget that pampering yourself is also part of wellness, taking care of your skin, hair and nails.
For more ways to love yourself and your body visit our lifestyle section at www.ziigie.com