These are ceramic tea cups made from clay. Lekgapho is a setswana word used to describe traditional floor decorations and patterns in traditional huts,the inspiration behind the design is etched on the cups. They are unique pieces, superb for your tea time with family and friends. This set consists of 3 tea cups and 3 saucers.
These teacups are crafted by hand using a traditional pottery wheel. They are fired at comparatively low temperatures (up to 1150ºC) and glazed to ensure that the finished product is safe to consume food in. The glazing also protects the cups from staining, because liquids are unable to penetrate into the body through the pores. This type of ceramic tends to have thicker walls than stoneware and porcelain, to add strength.
Lead Time: 1 week
- Please remove jewelry that may scratch the ceramic, eg rings and watches
- Avoid frequent handling if possible
- Avoid lifting by its handles or any part sticking out, rather lift with the saucer when enjoying yout hot beverage
- Keep out of reach when not in use
- Avoid placing in direct sunlight
- Use bubble wrap during transportation
- They are microwave safe but avoid microwaving frequently
The cups may only be returned should there be a factory fault, such as a crack or damage to the body of the item. Please note that we will not be liable for any breakage due to mishandling of the products.